March 19, 2020 5:46 pm
Dear New Life Family,
We just want to send out this email and give you some updates and resources you can use during this time of separation from gathering together.
Our hope is that during this time of isolation it will not be a time to shrink back but a time for us all to work on our relationship with the Lord and hopefully when this time has come to an end we might all celebrate together the things that we have learned and how we have grown.
The following links are some of the resources that we fill would be helpful during this time we hope that you would take advantage of this time and though we may not be able to connect in person hopefully we will connect with each other thorough all the means that we have available to.
- Phone calls
- Skpe, facetime, whatsapp, texting, email,
So let us continue to CONNECT with each other and with the Lord.
Let us continue to GROW. We are sharing these link with the hope during this time we will all continue to GROW.
These links are for the whole church family and will be on our webpage so that you'll be able to click and go to the sites that we list below.
We have complete confidence in RightNow Media and would encourage you to take advantage of it. RightNow Media is available to all of our church family if you need help login in let us know but there is lots of resources there for you. We are looking at some of the material to see if there is studies we can do as a whole church together. We will try to update this list as time goes on.
For families here is a link for veggie tales online Veggie Tales Full Episodes. For families with children, Open Life Church Resources is a site for having a complete service with your kids. We will continue to update the list as we move forward.
Let us also continue to SERVE and help with the needs of some of our family. If you are able to help drop off food or things needed to those that are in isolation or make phone calls to check in on people. We would love for you to suggest things that we can go as a family to help all of us to connect and grown and serve and reach with the message of Christ.
The following is some suggestions from Pastor Bob for parents to do with their families during this time:
There will be a temptation to put them in front of screens but I would encourage you to limit that time at the least with doing some of the following. Parents children need to see that you don't know how to do things and watch as you struggle to learn how to do something you have never done. Most things can now be learned by doing an internet search for the needed instructions
1. Establish a routine that is close to the school routine. Don't give in to the temptation of changing bedtimes and wake up times. You will only be creating problems when life gets back to "normal".
2. Get your kids to tell you a bible story, help them along the way by finding it in the Bible. Hint Google the story if you don't know where it is found
3. Tell a bible story and then get the kids to act it out or tell it back to you. You can do a craft about the bible story.
4. Children need to go outside everyday. Create a snow fort, or snow sculpture. Go for a walk in the bush and have a fire to cook food. Roast some Marshmallows. Listen to the Birds. Go Out after dark and Look at the stars. There are apps to Help you to know what you are looking at. Is it a planet or a star or a satellite?
5. Do some school work with them. Learn something knew. Teach them how to Learn New things about nature.
6.Plant some seeds and get them to keep a journal of their plants progress.
7. Ask the kids what they are interested in knowing and search for the answers together.
8. Read a book together
9 Do some Paper mache together - Create
10. Fix something around the house that you have been putting off and get the kids to be your helper. Skills are learned. remember the internet can be your friend in gaining skills
11. Do some cooking together. Make the Meal together. All boys and girls need to learn to do this while they are young.
12. Do the Laundry together. All boys and girls need to learn to do this while they are young.
13. Make sure they have daily chores to do. Teach them to serve
14. Remember that videos with Christian content are available watch them together, make popcorn, have a discussion.
On behalf of Pastor Bob & Pastor Margie, Pastor Steve & Bobbie, the staff and Board - know that we will all get through this together and we will be better because of it. Our prayers are with you!
Pastor Mark & Kirsten
New Life Assembly
We are Better Together!